Sunday 18 July 2021
Changes to safety restrictions
From Monday 19 July:
- There will no longer be a legal requirement to observe social distancing in church. All pews will be returned to use, and markers indicating 1m space will be removed.
- Seats are available in the Sacred Heart Chapel for those who wish to maintain more social distancing. Please also be sensitive to those who may be uncomfortable with others sitting too close to them. We advise those with particular safety concerns to attend the 12:30 Mass on Sunday, which will continue until the end of the summer.
- Face masks are no longer required by law, but are still encouraged in church, especially as the infection rate remains high in Oxford.
- Congregational singing may resume. Those singing are encouraged to wear masks.
- Please continue to approach the altar at Communion using the central aisle only, and return to the pews using the side aisles.
- The collection will be taken in the usual place, but please consider giving via contactless, PayPal or standing order.
- Holy water will return and will be changed regularly. Holy water will be available in the container at the back of church for you to fill your own bottles.
- Please continue to be sensitive to the fears and concerns of others.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available at the doors, and the church will still be cleaned each evening.