St Philip's Chapel
This chapel was originally dedicated to St Joseph (below), whose statue remains in the church at the back on the left. In May 1992 it was redecorated in honour of St Philip Neri, the saint who founded the Oratory in sixteenth century Rome.
The painting over the altar is a good copy of the original by Guido Reni which is in the Roman Oratory: it was done by Maria Giberne for Cardinal Newman.
On the left is a statue of St Teresa of Avila, the great Spanish Carmelite reformer, given to the church in 1907.