Sacred Heart Chapel
This chapel is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The chapel was once decorated with designs by Gabriel Pippet: the photograph below was taken in 1906 and gives a faint glimpse of this.
The statue in the foreground now stands over the altar, in place of the banner. The Oratorian community meets here every day for prayer: on the wall is a striking painting by G. Warner Allen which depicts St Philip Neri, interceding with Our Lady for Blessed John Henry Newman's Oratory in Oxford.
There are four saints depicted in the stained glass windows in this chapel.
St John the Evangelist
St Ignatius of Loyola
St Vincent de Paul
St Catherine of Alexandria
There is another round window depicting Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.