The nave of the Church has changed little since it was built. As with the rest of the Church, it has lost its bright decoration on the arches and the ceiling. However, it still contains pews to seat 400.
The pulpit, attached to the first pillar, was given in 1888 on the retirement of Fr Parkinson SJ, the first rector of the church. It was made by Farmer & Brindley, and is surrounded by statues of St Charles Borromeo, St Philip Neri, St Aloysius Gonzaga, St Joseph, and Our Lady with the infant Christ.
It replaced the wooden structure from which Blessed John Henry Newman preached when he came to Oxford in 1879, and from which Gerard Manley Hopkins would also have spoken in his year as curate at the church.
The 14 Stations of the Cross were carved in alabaster by Basil Campneys, and came from the former convent of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus in Oxford, which is now the site of Linacre college.
The nave also houses two impressive paintings. Above the confessionals hangs one of St Cecilia.
Across the nave hangs a painting of St John's vision of Our Lady, recorded in the book of the Apocalype.